Artichoke Pizza – There are a few legendary pizza places in New York but most of them are located in the far-flung neighborhood of Brooklyn (Di Fara’s and Grimaldi’s), but one renowned pizza restaurant is located in Chelsea. Bring your bowling team or your drinking buddies if you ever come here, because each pizza pie is the size of Ellis Island. You can comfortably split a pie ($34 and up) amongst four people and still be sated for weeks to come. You can choose the Artichoke, margherita, Staten Island pizzas or any of the other delicious pies. When you walk into this restaurant, you realize that this pizza spot is unlike any other.
The Donut Pub – Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks is what 98% of New York thinks of when someone mentions the word “donuts”. The other 2% know a secret that the rest do not. They know a donut restaurant that would make Homer Simpson proud. The Donut Pub’s menu ranges from croissants (for you artisan types) to crumb crullers and everything in between. As we are all poor students at heart, the question of “price” has to eneviatbly come up. But what would you think if I told you that their prices were comparable to Dunkin’ Donuts, but that they make everything in-house? When you wake up in the morning and want to eat well, this place is for you.
Jeanne and Gaston – If you are more conservative and want to forego the pizza and late-night snacks by eating a delicious and lovingly made meal, then you head on over to Jeanne and Gaston. There is a menu for brunch, lunch, dinner, so the menu may be different depending on which time you arrive. However, from personal experience, no matter the menu, the chef and restaurant never fails to impress. They have the best French onion soup and steak frites since I had them in Paris. The steak melts in your mouth and the soup is a fabulous appetizer that will help get the night started. So what are you waiting for?
Chelsea Piers Golf Club – So you live in Manhattan and want to relax. A thought pops into your head that you want to play some golf but do not know where to go. Chelsea Piers boasts a sport complex that has hockey, track, and most importantly, golf. When you arrive, you may have to wait if you did not make a reservation for tee-time (not tea time, for you British). Although, the golf complex has 12 floors and many bays from which you can hit the ball into the golf cart on the other side. A common bet occurs when you go with friends; the person who hits it last, buys lunch for everyone.
Classic Harbor Line – You live on land 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So why not explore the other 70% of Earth on a fantastic yacht or schooner (they have schooners!). There is nothing like the wind in your hair or watching the rest of the passengers take turns doing a “Jack and Rose” on the front of the yacht. Upcoming deals include: a full day Cruise to Bear Mountain (9 hour event that includes sightseeing in a New York state park and breakfast) and a 61 Local Beer & Cheese Pairing Cruise (no, you do not get 61 beers and cheeses, but from the looks of the spread, it does not disappoint!). Enjoy life and live a little!
Chelsea Market – If you need some authentic Italian cuisine or just want to do grocery shopping, then Chelsea Market has more than enough storefronts to keep you satisfied. This is a collection of independent stores, ranging from a chocolatier (Eleni’s) to housewares (Anthropologie). The Market is great if you are ever bored and want to spend the day exploring or if you just want good food, shopping, and interacting, When you enter the market for the first time, it has the feel of a cave and you become an urban spelunker, looking for the best deal. No one bothers you and tries to make you buy their fare, since each shop is famous for something and has no dearth of regular customers.